Spruce Top $215, Koa top and back $275.
Yep, its a Ukulele all right. GCEA, My Dog Has Fleas. Has all the notes (sharps and flats, plays in any key just like your familiar uke). Shaped like a Strumstick. But it has steel strings and has a bright voice, still "Uke-y" but not as plunky as nylon strings. And the string tension is low so its not like squeezing a guitar or mandolin. A wonderful voice to add to the Ukulele choir, and a great look and sound for your Uke collection.
26" long ( like Tenor Uke), 5" wide, 1.5" deep.
Spruce Top, Maple Back, Padouk Body (contact us about Koa Top and Back)
Big Wave Strumsticks are IN STOCK
Big Wave Strumsticks are currently IN STOCK.
They require a 2-month lead time when we are out of stock.
• The neck is identical to the D-33 Strumstick.
• The wave-inspired body is one piece Padouk with either a Spruce or Koa soundboard.
• We are totally thrilled with the results; the tone is richer, fuller, and louder. The increased resonant chamber has allowed us to add a lower tuning too! There are two tuning arrangements available: our regular D A D (D-35 model), or a lower tuning A E A (A-35 model). The lower tuned AEA model has a brisk baritone flavor reminiscent of the Cittern/Irish Bouzouki.
• The design objectives were to create longer resonant paths within the body (for bass response) and to increase the soundboard area (for volume), but also stepping out a little with an elegant, festive body shape. The wave soundhole arrangement was designed to balance the resonance of the sound chamber and to enhance the visual design of the body.
• The Big Wave Strumstick uses ball end (guitar style) strings which feed through the body.
• Where the original Strumstick design uses a one piece neck and body approach, the Big Wave uses a two piece neck/body design, with a sturdy screw-in neck attachment.
Padouk is the least expensive of our fancy wood line, and includes an Abalone Soundhole Rosette. Because the Padouk D-33 is all the same wood, there is a perfect blend between top and neck. The uniform color gives a visual simplicity that highlights the refined shape of the Strumstick. The tone of the padouk top is bright and clear.
See Video Comparing D and G below ⬇
"I bought a D strumstick a year ago and I’ve had so much fun with it. I love music and singing but had always been frustrated in playing any instrument until I got my stick. Now I can play “Old McDonald” as well as songs by Coldplay and just have the time of my life! Some people pay shrinks a lot of money for therapy but this does the trick for me. I can feel blue, overworked, tired, sad, even happy or any range of human emotions but my stick always sets me right. A few strums on the twangy thang and everything’s alright. Thank you for coming up with what I call my “joy stick.”
The Strumstick is designed for non-players, and is delightfully easy to learn.
The Strumstick was created by Bob McNally (designer of the Martin Backpacker Guitar) and has a perfect blend of ease and versatility. The D-33 Strumstick (tuned DAD) is our most popular model. Besides being a foolproof instrument for beginners it is also an inspiring and creative tool for professional musicians (on stage and in the studio). Plays in numerous keys (by capo use or retuning) but is ridiculously easy for non players. Full instructions, chords and songs included. Handmade in USA, of all solid woods. The Strumstick is also available in key of G.